The Brett Law personal injury attorneys in Mt Vernon get lots of questions from people who have been injured in car accidents. To help, we have put together information to give people the information they need to make good decisions about their potential personal injury claims. After 40+ years working in personal injury law, our injury attorneys can provide great insight into the many areas of law that can be confusing and intimidating to someone who has been in an accident. Our FAQ section offers information on topics including:
Who are the Brett Law attorneys who secure the financial future for their clients?
- Dean Brett offers 40+ years of experience handling all types of injury claims across the entire state.
- Paula McCandlis uses her 18 years of legal expertise and vast courtroom experience to obtain top settlements and verdicts for her Mt Vernon personal injury clients.
- David Brown possesses focused experience in both plaintiff and defense law, enabling him to negotiate effectively with insurance adjusters and secure full claim values.
- Matt Conner recently joined the Brett Law legal team to assist personal injury clients negotiate the complicated insurance claim process.
How Mt Vernon’s Brett Law attorneys have helped their clients
Through the years we have handled hundreds of claims for clients in Mt Vernon and across Washington State, including:
- $1,750,000 for closed head injury in a rollover freeway accident;
- $545,000 for multiple fractures in a high-speed accident;
- $1,115,000 for bicycle accident caused by a teen prank;
- $900,000 for motorcycle accident resulting in multiple broken bones.
The Brett Law personal injury attorneys in Mt Vernon offer valuable information to these and many other frequent questions related to personal injury and wrongful death claims. Our goal is to clarify the issues and problems you may face as you deal with the aftermath of a serious accident.
Some examples of the types of cases that the Brett Law legal team has successfully handled for clients in Mt Vernon are:
- Mt Vernon Car accidents – With a rapidly growing population and large numbers of cars on the roads and freeways, there will inevitably be huge numbers of accidents…
- Mt Vernon Bicycle accidents – As more commuters turn to bicycles to avoid road traffic, the likelihood of collisions increases…
- Mt Vernon Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycles are difficult to see clearly, and the resulting collisions can be devastating…
- Mt Vernon Personal injury claims – Personal injuries happen in a wide variety of ways including truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, and even railroad collisions…
Perhaps you can’t work or drive, and have mounting medical bills. Perhaps you were injured by an uninsured motorist and need your insurance company to pay your medical bills. Perhaps an insurance company is pressuring you to immediately settle your claim. All injured people seeking an attorney need to ask themselves these questions:
- Do I have the knowledge and skill to effectively resolve my claim myself?
- Will hiring an attorney be worth the expense and enable me to achieve a larger settlement?
For less serious injuries and smaller claims, it may be possible to effectively handle your insurance claim yourself. The problem is that most people don’t know how much their claim is worth. How do you evaluate to cost of future medical treatment? What is the monetary value of pain, suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life?
In our view, the most important thing a personal injury attorney can offer clients is access to accurate information about their rights and choices regarding their claims. While we pride ourselves in our legal knowledge, our ability to negotiate a full settlement with insurance companies, and our willingness to take a case to court if the negotiation results are unsatisfactory, we think the key to a good outcome is enabling our clients to make the best decisions based upon their unique needs and interests.
Why is an experienced personal injury attorney worth the cost?
It is in your best interest to speak with a personal injury attorney who knows what your claim is worth, who knows how to manage insurance adjusters, and who has the experience to obtain a full settlement for you. Many studies show that an injury lawyer is typically able to obtain significantly more in settlement than an injured person can alone. Typically, an attorney-negotiated settlement will not only cover the cost of attorney fees but will also secure a larger settlement sum for clients.
Begin the process to move forward with your life by calling us at 1-800-925-1875 or by completing our confidential contact form.