Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Grieving Families in Tacoma, WA
When it comes to wrongful death claims, it is important to establish a baseline: You have suffered an unimaginable tragedy, and your life will never be the same. No amount of “compensation” can provide a satisfactory resolution, and there is very little you can do in terms of finding a justification for what you and your family are being forced to endure. Your situation is untenable, and while you may have legal rights, asserting those legal rights will only do so much.
Yet, asserting your legal rights is still extremely important. Since you are here, you have likely reached this conclusion already. Under Washington law, individuals and companies that cause wrongful deaths are legally responsible for the costs of their mistakes. Oftentimes, family members will need to hold the at-fault parties accountable in order to begin the process of moving on with their lives.
Tacoma, WA, Lawyers with a History of Success in Wrongful Death Claims
Our firm is fully committed to helping families in cases of wrongful death. We handle all types of cases – from vehicle accidents to workplace falls – and we have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for families throughout Washington. If you need to speak with a wrongful death lawyer in Tacoma, we encourage you to get in touch to learn how we can help you.
While past results are not indicative of future success, some examples of our settlements and verdicts in wrongful death cases include:
- $2.5 million recovered for the estate of a teenager who was tragically killed in a jet-ski accident.
- $2.3 million recovered for family members of four adult victims who died in a landslide on an abandoned logging road.
- $1 million recovered for the estate of a teenager who was struck and killed by a tow truck driver who had been hired despite the fact that he was a known drug addict.
- $800,000 recovered for the estate of an individual who was killed when a big rig driver drove off the road, killing himself and our client.
- $650,000 recovered for the widow of an individual who was killed in a commercial accident after four separate attorneys had turned down the case.
Seeking Financial Compensation for a Loved One’s Wrongful Death in Tacoma: What Do You Need to Know?
1. Fatal Accidents Are Alarmingly Common.
According to data from the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT), more than 500 people die in car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents in the state each year. Of course, with work-related accidents, maritime accidents, skiing accidents, and other fatal incidents, the total death toll resulting from other people’s negligence is far higher. While this may not mean much to you personally, it does mean that there are clear and well-established guiding principles for seeking financial damages in cases of wrongful death.
2. Family Members Can Recover the Victim’s Losses as Well as Their Personal Losses
In a wrongful death case governed by Washington law, eligible family members can recover damages for certain losses their loved one suffered prior to death as well as their own financial and non-financial losses in certain categories. Examples of the types of damages that can be recovered include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral, burial, and cremation expenses
- The victim’s pain and suffering
- The victim’s loss of earnings
- Loss of care, companionship, consortium, and other non-economic losses
3. While Most Wrongful Death Claims Settle, You May Need to Be Prepared to Go to Trial.
While most wrongful death claims settle, this is typically because claimants either: (i) unknowingly accept less than the full amount to which they are legally entitled; or, (ii) hire lawyers who make it clear that they are fully prepared to go to trial if necessary. As your wrongful death lawyers, we will work diligently to resolve your claim out of court. However, we will also make it undeniably clear that we are prepared to do whatever is necessary to maximize your financial recovery.
4. You Control the Outcome of Your Case.
Our attorneys will provide you with a thorough assessment of your legal rights. We will discuss your options, and we will make sure you have all of your questions answered. But, ultimately, you control the outcome of your case. From choosing a law firm to deciding whether to settle or go to trial, you always have the final say.
Discuss Your Tacoma Wrongful Death Case in Confidence
If you would like to speak with one of our lawyers, please contact us to schedule a free initial consultation. Call us 24/7, or send us a message and we will be in touch with you soon.