Experienced Tacoma Motorcycle Accident Attorney Ready to Assist You
That is where the experienced Tacoma motorcycle lawyers at Brett McCandlis Brown & Conner PLLC can come to your aid. Although what you are experiencing can seem insurmountable right now, you can rest assured that we have helped thousands of riders just like you to get their life back in order after such a life-altering crash.
Why Are There So Many Motorcycle Crash Accidents?
According to the Washington Traffic Safety Commission, the average number of motorcycle deaths each year in Washington is 75. And that is just the fatalities – the number of injuries is likely much higher. And although that may not be a huge number, it is certainly significant enough to warrant a moment of thought. Why are motorcycle accidents so deadly, and why are there so many.
The answer to the question of why these accidents are so deadly is really pretty obvious. Motorcyclists have no protection surrounding them like the drivers of cars, vans, and SUV’s do. There is no metal surrounding their body, and there are no airbags. It is just the driver’s body and the asphalt – with a motorcycle in between.
To answer the question of why are there so many motorcycle accidents, we may need to think for a moment.
Are Bikers Ignored, or Actually Not Seen?
What’s happening on one level is that bikers are difficult to see simply because they are smaller than cars. The average driver is on the lookout for things around them that are the same size or bigger than their car. But when something is smaller and the person driving it is dressed in dark colors, visibility becomes an issue. And you cannot avoid hitting something that you don’t even see until it is too late.
That being said, there is also the issue of negative cultural perceptions surrounding bikers that may make many drivers fail to be as careful around bikers as they should be. Even though the days of “the outlaw biker” have long come and gone, the fact of the matter is that bikers today include people from every educational and income level. Old stereotypes die hard.
So it isn’t completely unreasonable to suggest that some people still think that, if you’re a biker, you must be “bad” or a rebel of some sort. These same folks might not sympathize much with a person who chooses to ride the open road with no protection. After all, if you make that choice then you assume the risk that comes with it, right?
So it is possible that:
- It actually is more difficult to see a bike coming at you, and
- Those people may not be quite as motivated to “watch out” for you if they think that you are asking for trouble by riding a bike in the first place.
Preventing Motorcycle Accidents in Tacoma
While we are willing and ready to represent you in your motor vehicle accident case, we would rather see you avoid an accident altogether.
There are a few simple ways to prevent motorcycle accidents:
- Always keep your motorcycle in top mechanical condition. Make sure all parts of your motorcycle are functioning properly – from brakes to tires.
- Follow the laws! Of course, attorneys are going to tell you to follow the laws. But make sure that you follow all traffic laws, and that you have your current motorcycle endorsement on your driver’s license.
- Wear a helmet. This suggestion pairs with following all of the laws, as all Washington motorcyclists are required to wear a helmet when riding their motorcycles. Wearing a helmet will drastically reduce fatal injury and the severity of injury if you do end up in an accident for any reason.
- It helps to wear protective gear and gear that increases your visibility. Reflective, light clothing can help drivers see you when you are out riding, which in turn can reduce accidents.
- Use common sense. One rider per seat, defensive driving techniques, and taking the safest route possible are all easy ways to reduce accidents.
- Always ensure your motorcycle for as much as you can possibly afford. Carry excellent insurance on your motorcycle, including, but not limited to, bodily injury, liability, med pay, underinsured motorist coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, and possibly even an umbrella policy. The more insurance you have, the more you can recover in a variety of accident situations.
You may have utilized every safety tip available and still have gotten into an accident. Motorcycles are more vulnerable to accidents, and there tends to be a societal and legal bias against motorcyclists who have been in an accident because of that fact.
Our dedicated Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyers are the tenacious advocates that you need to represent you in your legal battle.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents can cause extensive injury, including
- broken bones,
- internal injuries,
- road rash and burns,
- back and spinal cord injuries,
- concussion and post-concussive syndrome,
- mental issues,
- emotional issues, and
- traumatic brain injury.
Oftentimes, it can take a while to discover the full extent of your injuries and the ramifications of your accident. Initial injuries can lead to other injuries or repercussions to the injured party at a later time.
Our experienced Tacoma motorcycle accident attorneys can help evaluate the extent of your case and the damages you may be entitled to recover.
Let Us Be Your Spin Doctor
Our proven Tacoma motorcycle accident attorneys know how to protect you from all the traps that may be set for you by the defendant, the defendant’s insurance company, and ultimately, possibly even the jury. In motorcycle collision cases it can be challenging to:
- Properly recreate and analyze the accident for the purpose of determining fault
- Keep from saying something to the insurance adjusters that will hurt your case
- Overcome the stigma that the rider asked for it by risking getting on the road on a motorcycle
The complexity of such cases truly requires the expertise of an experienced Tacoma motorcycle accident lawyer like the ones we have ready to serve you at Brett McCandlis Brown & Conner PLLC.
Call Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Tacoma Today
If you’ve been in a motorcycle crash it is in your best interest to speak with a skilled Tacoma motorcycle accident attorney at Brett McCandlis Brown & Conner PLLC, as soon as possible.
In addition to motorcycle accidents, we are also prepared to assist clients with other personal injury cases, such as:
- Medical negligence
- City transit accidents
- Car crash accidents
- Truck crash accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Dangerous or defective products
- Dangerous drugs (pharmaceutical liability)
- Wrongful death
Our services are free unless we win your case, so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by speaking with us. So call today or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free, confidential case consultation.