A catastrophic injury is one that is severe and often impacts the spine, brain or spinal cord. These injuries may also include fractures of the spine and skull. When someone suffers a catastrophic injury, the injury typically results in long-term complications. The victim is unlikely to ever fully recover. Furthermore, he or she will have extensive costs associated with that injury for the rest of their life.
Due to the severity of the injury and the damages associated with it, it is imperative that anyone with a catastrophic injury speak with an attorney. An attorney that has experience with catastrophic injury cases is best because that attorney will have access to local experts that can help better calculate the financial impact of that catastrophic injury, as well as the impact on the quality of life, that injury will have on the victim.
5 Compelling Reasons to Hire a Catastrophic Injury Attorney
Catastrophic injuries often come with outrageous medical costs, some of which will continue years after the accident – if not for the victim’s lifetime. The victim may no longer be able to work, spend time with family or friends, or have a quality of life. With so many factors to consider, here are five reasons it is best to leave the case to an attorney:
- An attorney has experience with catastrophic claims. A personal injury attorney will have experience with claims just like yours. They understand the costs, insurance company negotiations, and have done the research to negotiate a settlement based on the type of injury you have.
- An attorney has a team of investigators and experts. Your attorney will have access to investigators, insurance experts, medical professionals, financial analysts, and accountants. These experts are there to calculate a proper settlement based on your injury, project costs, and ensure you receive compensation that is fair.
- An attorney is objective. It is impossible to be objective in your injury case. After all, you are tied to the injury and outcome. An attorney is that objective third-party you need. They offer insights into the law, but also keep emotions out of the negotiations.
- An attorney provides alternative resolutions. Most of the time, when an attorney gets involved, insurance companies are quicker to settle and do so out of court. This is because they know what an attorney is capable of, and most insurance companies know that taking a lawsuit to trial would cost much more than settling. However, when you do not have an attorney, they take advantage of the fact you do not know the law, know your rights, and you are recovering from an accident; therefore, you are not at full capacity to handle the mundane tasks of your lawsuit.
- Settlement value is always higher. Statistically, settlements are higher in value when an attorney is involved. This is because of a few factors, such as the fact your attorney has a team that can more accurately calculate a settlement. Also, your attorney is a professional negotiator. Therefore, he or she knows how to negotiate a proper settlement, and they will not be bullied by the insurance company.
Speak with Our Skilled Attorneys Today – It’s Free
You might be nervous about consulting with an attorney, but doing so is at no obligation to you. You can sit down with an advocate from Brett McCandlis Brown & Conner, PLLC and explore your options during a free consultation.
If you hire our attorneys, know that we do not receive our fee unless we receive compensation in your case. Therefore, it is no cost to you to hire an advocate.
Schedule your consultation now at 800-925-1875 or request more information online.