Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Accident and Injury Victims in Mukilteo and all of Washington

Sitting peacefully on the banks of Puget Sound in Snohomish County, Washington, the former logging town of Mukilteo has taken its place as one of the most prosperous suburbs of Seattle – indeed, it counts as one of the most prosperous urban areas in the entire United States. Unsurprisingly, Money Magazine listed Mukilteo as one of the top 10 most livable small towns in the United States only a few years ago.

Some of the town’s more well-known landmarks include the Mukilteo Lighthouse, the Washington State Ferries Terminal to Whidbey Island, and the Ivar’s Acres of Clams restaurant. Local residents, who have nicknamed the town “Mukilteo by the Sea” enjoy various outdoor pastimes including boating, fishing, and hiking.

Commuter train and bus services link Mukilteo and Seattle, while State Route 525 and State Route 526 carry a steady influx of tourists and heavy commuter traffic to and from Seattle.

When Accidents Happen

No one likes to think about accidents, but unfortunately, they happen anyway. Catastrophic accidents can happen in many ways – two vehicles collide, a boat overturns, or someone slips off a ledge or falls down a flight of stairs. When this happens, the first result is shock. When the shock subsides, the injured victim (or grieving loved ones) are faced not only with devastating physical and emotional consequences, but financial consequences as well.

That is where Brett McCandlis Brown comes in, because helping accident victims obtain fair compensation is the very reason we exist. Our expert personal injury lawyers have experience winning six- and even seven-figure verdicts and settlement for their clients. From the moment you retain us, you can rest at ease because we will take care of your financial issues for you by coordinating with your health care providers, handling the insurance claims process, and negotiating with insurance company executives.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What is the difference between a personal injury claim and a wrongful death claim?

A personal injury lawsuit is the type of lawsuit you file when someone injures you through wrongful conduct. Typically, “wrongful conduct” means negligence. It could also refer to recklessness (a DUI accident, for example) or even intentional misconduct, such as injuries sustained during an assault and battery. Damages can include medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and other losses.

A wrongful death lawsuit is the type of injury you file when the victim dies in the accident. Under Washington wrongful death law, the victim’s spouse, domestic partner, children and, in some cases, other relatives can file a wrongful death lawsuit. Damages include funeral and burial expenses, medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and loss of intangible benefits by survivors (such as care and companionship).

Will I lose the case if the accident was partly my fault?

No, as long as the accident was not 100 percent your fault. The court will assign both you and the defendant a percentage of fault based on the evidence presented. Your percentage of fault will be deducted from your recovery – for example, if you are judged 25 percent at fault (or, in a wrongful death lawsuit the deceased victim is judged to have been 25 percent at fault), the judge will deduct 25 percent from your damages, leaving you eligible for 75 percent of your damages.

In the foregoing example, the defendant could sue you for your 25 percent fault and recover 25 percent of his or her own damages. If the damages were much greater than yours, you could still end up with a net loss.

Can I be compensated for pain and suffering?

Yes, as long as you suffered physical injury and as long as your claim of pain and suffering is credible. If your injuries were catastrophic, you are very likely to be eligible for pain and suffering damages if you can prove that the defendant is liable for your injuries.

Washington courts take claims of pain and suffering very seriously. Although victims of certain injuries recover more pain and suffering damages than victims of other injuries (depending on the degree of the suffering involved), it is not at all uncommon for the amount of pain and suffering damages to far exceed the amount of damages for medical expenses. The state of Washington does, however, place certain statutory limitations on the amount of non-economic damages.

Get Started with Your Pesonal Injury Claim by Calling our Mukilteo Injury Lawyers Now!

To get the process started or to simply inquire about your rights, call our Mukilteo, WA Personal Injury Attorneys today at 1-800-925-1875 or complete our online contact form. We work on a “no win, no pay” basis, and our initial consultation is always free of charge.