Insurance companies are in business to make a profit.
The insurance adjuster’s job is to settle your claim for as little as possible – after creating delays to allow the insurance company to keep the settlement money as long as possible.
Your attorney has a job too:
- To settle your claim for its maximum value with minimum delay;
- To help the insurance adjuster build a file that supports a full and fair claim settlement;
- To maximize your financial recovery.
Read about the Ways We Help You With Insurance Claims. We have a reputation for honest dealing; for a fair but firm settlement posture; for refusing to settle for a penny less than the claim is worth; and for being prepared to take a claim to trial if necessary to get a full and fair recovery. Many folks find it interesting to read about the exceptional results we have obtained for our clients.
The five basic steps the adjuster takes in handling a personal injury claim
- Collecting Information: The adjuster must collect information in order to understand your claim; Brett Law injury attorneys provide all the required information to establish that it is a valid claim. We collect and highlight all information including witness statements, photographs of the accident and your injuries, opinion letters from medical experts, accident reconstruction, and economic loss. We present the claim and supporting evidence to the adjuster, so the adjuster understands the significance of your claim.
- Setting Reserves: When a claim comes in, the insurance company must set reserves to assure government regulators that the company has set aside adequate money to pay the claim. We get the appropriate information to the adjuster as soon as possible to assist the company in setting high enough reserves that the ultimate settlement can be for the full claim value.
- Evaluating Damages: Since the adjusters must evaluate the claim value, we provide them with all relevant information, including comparable cases from state, regional and national publications, computerized databases, and our own evaluation of the claim’s value. We don’t just wait for an offer; we help create it.
- Negotiating Settlement: There is an old saying, “A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.” Likewise, a personal injury victim who attempts to negotiate a settlement with a professional insurance adjuster is likely to recover far less than the claim’s true value. Do not attempt to negotiate a settlement of your personal injury claim without professional advice.
- Defending in Trial if Necessary: If we can’t negotiate a settlement, the insurance company must defend its position in court. Your lawyer needs a track record of exceptional verdicts, so that the insurance company realizes that trial is NOT an easy way out. Brett Law personal injury attorneys have earned a reputation for thorough claim documentation and fair but firm negotiating and litigating skills. We don’t settle any case for less than its value, and are always willing to go to court to get our clients full compensation.
Don’t let an insurance adjuster close your claim for less than its full value!
Contact us today by calling 1-800-925-1875 or by completing our contact form.