In all too many cases, an accident causes injuries that change your life forever and have a significant impact on your family. These are known as catastrophic injuries.
For more than 40 years, the personal injury attorneys of Brett Murphy have worked hard to secure prompt, full and just compensation for Washington catastrophic injury victims. We know the tremendous physical, emotional and financial impact of these injuries, and we are committed to securing funds that will help you to have a sense of security as you move forward in life.
Our catastrophic injury attorneys represent clients from offices in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Spokane, Vancouver, Bellingham and Skagit. To receive a free evaluation of your case, call us today at 800-925-1875 or 360-714-0900 or by using our convenient online form.
WHAT ARE CATASTROPHIC INJURIES?
Catastrophic injuries typically result from accidents involving automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, boats, airplanes and construction sites. They may also result from use of defective products or pedestrian accidents. In order to recover compensation for your injuries, Brett Murphy attorneys may need to consult with mechanical and engineering experts to determine how the accident caused your injury, and we will need to seek the input of medical experts to determine the full impact of the injury.
Our injury lawyers have experience representing clients in cases involving:
- Fractures: Common bone injuries include fractures of the feet, ankles, fingers, wrists, neck, vertebrae, hip, pelvis, collar bone, arm bones and leg bones.
- Burns: Contact with flames, hot liquids, steam and other intense heat may lead to burn injuries, which range in severity from first-degree burns that involve only the first skin layer to third-degree burns that harm deeper tissue and may cause permanent disability or disfigurement. A personal injury victim may also suffer chemical burns, electrocution burns and radiation burns.
- Spinal cord injury: A sudden, traumatic blow to the spine that fractures or dislocates vertebrae, or which causes the vertebrae to fracture or compress, can cause the most severe forms of spinal cord injury. A person may suffer from paraplegia (partial paralysis) or quadriplegia (complete paralysis) that prevents them from working and requires lifetime medical care.
- Head / brain injuries: Traumatic Brain Injury can result from a violent physical force that impacts the brain and produces a diminished or altered state of consciousness. TBI can lead to memory loss, dizziness, headaches, blurred vision, speech impairment, psychological issues and permanent disability.
- Disc and back injuries: Herniated, slipped, or ruptured discs occur when a disc is dislodged and pushes on spinal nerves. The result can be severe back, neck or leg pain that significantly reduces your ability to move, work and enjoy life without chronic pain and discomfort.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
A catastrophic injury requires immediate and ongoing medical treatment, including emergency room visits, operations, plastic surgery, medication, prosthetics and ongoing therapy and rehabilitation. We can coordinate your medical coverage to make sure your medical needs are served without interruption while your case is pending.
In the meantime, we will investigate and develop your case so that we will be thoroughly prepared to negotiate a full settlement with the insurance company representing the person, professional or company who caused your catastrophic injury. If the insurance company refuses to make an adequate settlement offer, we will be prepared to take your case to trial.
Our results for catastrophic injury victims include:
- $5.5 million jury verdict (the largest verdict in Skagit County history) for a drunk driving accident victim who suffer severe knee, thigh, hip and wrist fractures that required treatment by two dozen doctors and more than 13 surgeries.
- $3.5 million settlement for an industrial worker struck by a train who compiled nearly $1.2 million in medical bills while spending a year in the hospital and required being fitted with a prosthetic leg, colostomy bag and hearing aid.
- $1.75 million settlement for a physician who suffered traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a vehicle rollover accident, which deprived his cognitive and neurological conditions to such a degree that he was no longer able to return to his occupation.
Do not wait until it is too late to seek legal advice. You may be entitled to compensation. Our lawyers will work diligently to make sure the party who caused your harm is held fully accountable and that you and your family obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Contact Brett Murphy today by calling 800-925-1875 or 360-714-0900 or by filling out our online form. We represent clients from offices in Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Tacoma, Spokane, Vancouver, Bellingham and Mount Vernon.